Friday, July 27, 2007

8 Facts About Me?

Wely has tagged me to reveal 8 facts about myself. I think I answered one of these a couple of years back. But hemingway, let's do it again shall we?

Here are the rules for “8 facts”:

1.)In the 8 facts about [name], you share 8 things that your readers don’t know about you. At the end, you tag 8 other bloggers to keep the fun going. Each blogger must post these rules first.
2.) Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3.) At the end of the post, a blogger needs to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4.) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


Fact no. 1. I've probably read over 3 thousand romance novels. That's just my guesstimate. I don't usually read fiction, but I read historical romances. That's right. My favourite are the ones with half-naked people on the cover. Unfortunately, I haven't read a single one since I got here because the choices are limited (no Booksale) and the prices are waaay too steep.

Fact no. 2. I trained six weeks and was on air for 4 days at NU 107 as a news caster. They wanted me to basically work for free, so I quit.

Fact no. 3. I'm afraid of frogs. Seriously. It's a psychological thing. Happily, I've yet to see a frog here in G.Coast, even when cane toads are supposed to be a major pest. I've yet to see them!

Fact no. 4. Books make me feel good. They're my happy pill. If I feel down or stressed I buy one. I don't necessarily need to read them, just touching them....smelling them is enough. Unfortunately, I haven't bought any here since my last visit at Carrara Markets. Its only open weekends and I now work all day on weekends. But inihaw, I've no time to read for leisure anyway! But the sem break is coming...3 more weeks.

Fact no. 5. I was a bad student. I guess I'm what you call a late-blooming nerd. I never studied in grade school or high school, although I was in the pilot section all the way. I only studied enough in my undergrad to pass. I was one of those who sometimes came to class drunk. Haha. I only really started to "study" in postgrad.

Fact no. 6. Speaking of alcohol, I once outdrank a group of young men in a Tequila drinking contest. 10 shots straight. I was the last one standing. I don't think I can do it anymore though. Woefully out of practice.

Fact no. 7. I will drink a bottle of Tabasco if you pay me..a thousand pesos. I've been daring people these past years and no one! No one will take me up on the dare. That's 'cause they know they'd lose their money.

Fact no. 8. I'm still thinking of getting that tattoo. Something in alibata maybe. I probably will before I head home.


I'm tagging the following eight people:

amateurmisanthrope
coffee with amee
expectorants
big mango
jego
placeholder
belishabeacon
parody & pastiche

No comments: