Sunday, August 07, 2005

UPCAT Madness



Yesterday was first day of the UPCAT. For those not in the know, it is the premier state university's entrance exam. Because I'd totally forgotten, I agreed to meet with my best friend at the UP shopping center. Traffic in and around UP at this time is usually a nightmare. Especially along Katipunan. I'd like to think its because for every kid who takes the exam, her immediate family, her lolos, lolas, uncles, aunts, cousins (even neighbors) insist on tagging along for "moral support." Hehe.

Anyway, I was able to fetch my friend at the shopping center and since the University Avenue was crawling, we went out through that road at the back of the College of Music onto Commonwealth. As we made the U-turn heading back to the Circle, traffic slowed considerably under the overpass. There was a young man in his late teens harassing cars on the road. He was totally naked. Too bad I didn't have a camera handy (and no boyfriend with a phone-cam this time). It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon, roughly an hour after the first batch of examinees would have finished. Perhaps, for the kid who'd gone naked on the avenue, the test proved too much.

No comments: