Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Brazilian Girls - Me Gusta Cuando Callas



A rough translation care of process junkie:

You please me when you're silent because you seem absent,
and you hear me from a distance, and my voice does not touch you.
It seems as if your eyes had vanished
and a kiss had shut your mouth closed.

As all the things are filled with my soul
you emerge from all the things overrun with that soul of mine.
Butterfly of dreams, you look just like my soul,
and you resemble the word 'melancholy'.

You please me when you're silent because you seem distant;
And you seem like you're whimpering, butterfly in a lullaby
and you hear me from a distance, and my voice does not reach you:
let me become silent with that silence of yours

Let me talk to you with your silence as well
bright like a lamp, simple like a ring.
You are like the night, quiet and starry.
Your silence is that of a star, so distant and simple.

You please me when you're silent because you seem absent.
Distant and painful as if you would have died.
Just one word then, one smile is enough,
and I'm glad, so glad it's not true.

No comments: