Monday, August 06, 2007

The Blogging Class Consciousness

Arbet mulls over political blogs and how they were under-represented in the top lists. I think the hullabaloo over blogging "top lists" and "awards" is a good thing. It's a sign that the Pinoy blogosphere is not only growing but acknowledging each other as part of a community. We're probably a teeny-weeny minority of the Filipino people, but the ideas I've read out there are outstanding. I know I've been both inspired and encouraged by other bloggers. I suppose a sort of synergy is happening.

I've been blogging for quite a while, and like most early blogs, I did so for personal reasons. I suppose my archives reflect the evolution of my interests and persuasions. I don't think young bloggers are apolitical, I think they are concerned, but Philippine politics really can be exhausting. Its depressing having to think and write about how bad things are all the time.

I agree with Arbet, on just how influential Manolo's blog is. Most of my links, I found over at The Daily Dose. The other thing I like about the Pinoy blogosphere is how it is completely democratic. It doesn't matter who or what bloggers are, it doesn't matter their age. It doesn't even matter where they are! All that matters are their words and ideas. And we're all doing this (mostly) for free!

The blogging class consciousness is being borne out of this new social (cybers)space. 10 years from now, who knows what we can do out of this?

No comments: