Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I will post again, promise!

As Prof. Clarita Carlos once said, an academic is almost always left of centre. Aside from Professor F, who is sooo slippery when it comes to showing his theoretical biases (so far, I haven't figured him out), two of my new profs this sem, Professors P and L, are most definitely left of centre. All this means is that they are critical of 'common sense' claims of their individual disciplines. As a professional 'producer of knowledge,' academics have to always be critical of the established interpretations of reality.

All in all, it has been a challenging (and CONFOUNDING) semester so far. The more I know, the more I get confused. I feel riven in so many directions. I don't know what I 'know' anymore. Do I 'know' anything at all? Is anything 'knowable'? Waaaah. Ignorance is bliss hein?

No comments: