Saturday, February 03, 2007

Campus Photos

Some photos!

I took this photo very early a couple of weeks back when I got here. This is the view out my room window.



And here was my actual room in campus. A bed, a wardrobe, a desk and a toilet. I'm now staying off-campus.



Here is the famous "Arch" between the Faculty of Humanities and Social Science and IT wings.



If you look at the other side of the campus, here's the courtyard.



My favorite recently-discovered place: the library! The building on the left is the Mainlib, the one on the right is the Faculty of Medicine.



The Lake! Huge man-made lake where Bullsharks roam. Strictly no swimming. Its water that flows in from the canals. Dirty.



The tall building on the left is the South Tower where I'm rooming. The cluster of buildings on the right is the University Center where there are lecture theaters, admin offices and the Pines Brasserie where most everyone takes their meals.



On the other side of the lake is the North Tower residences and the commercial center.



Its a gorgeous campus, and everything smells new! I suppose because this uni is pretty new compared to other Aussie unis. Established in 1989. There are computers almost everywhere, and wifi access in convenient areas.

No comments: