Tuesday, February 24, 2004

desert nights

sweeping in like ghosts in this balmy evening the wind kisses my skin to life. opening my eyes i see blackness, i've forgotten to put on a lamp. laying on my stomach i stretch my arms up, reaching for pillows i didn't use. what time is he coming home, i wondered.

hugging a pillow to my side i inhale to take in his smell. it sends tingles down the skin on my back. thoughts of him seem to open my skin's pores to the warm desert breeze. i flip over and look up at the darkened ceiling. my bare legs are dangling off the edge of the bed, languidly moving to and fro. my well-worn white t-shirt hikes further up my hips. i crave his touch so much, i thought. what is taking him so long?

the door slowly creaks open and i hear his keys. footsteps slowly approach the room i am in. he enters the pitchblack room and instantly senses me on the bed. i feel his hands first on my knees, stopping my legs from swaying. slowly he slides up his roughened hands rasping against my skin. his palms are cold against my warmth.

thumbs on the inside of my thighs crawling up inch by inch is torture. i gasp, but i say nothing to hurry him. he loves taking his time. they stop on my hips. in a quick motion he pulls me further down the bed. he nudges my legs open and stands in between. did u miss me, he says. i dont say anything and pretend to still be in slumber. it is a familiar game we play every evening when he comes home. he clenches his fingers tighter, his hips come close.

+++

my back aches from her scratches. red welts, proof of her passion. the warm evening breeze hurries me home to her, to have her put marks on me, to feel her sink her short nails everywhere on my body.

slotting my house key in is taking forever, i thought. my hands shake as they manage what seems to be so difficult a job. the thought of her, laying there on the bed awaiting me is enough to make me shiver all over. pushing the door in i see it is dark. has she forgotten to turn on lights, i wonder. making my way quickly to the bedroom i catch a whiff of her scent. it is heady and sweet and enough to make me come..closer.

there is a soft light flickering in from the moon and it outlines her body. her white t-shirt is so thin it plays illusions on my eyes. the motion of her swaying legs catches my eye. reaching out, my fingertips find their way to her knees. she is so warm and soft, like butter. standing between her legs, i slide my thumbs inside her thighs and crawl up..up..up. her skin is so smooth it is enough make me cry. my hands stop at her hips and i hear her breathe in gasps. did u miss me, i say. she says nothing. it is a familiar game we play, her pretending sleep each evening i come home. i squeeze her hips and pull her close.

i love you, i say. her white teeth seem to glow in the dark. they answer in smile. her legs raise up and wrap me in heaven. red welts are simple enough penance for the sins we commit each time.

No comments: